Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Testimony

Because I don't yet have time to complete some of the essays I have been writting for this site, I decided to upload some things I have written. The first is a slightly edited testomony I gave to my college shortly before graduation. I thought it would be a good introduction to me and God's work in my life in the last few years.

“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.” (Matt 22:37-38). During my journey here at college, I have gained a deeper understanding of this verse. If I had to pick one word to describe what I have learned my four years here at college, it would be theocentricity. I’m not exactly sure that it is actually a word, but we’ll use it anyway. Theocentricity means God-centered.
Now I’m sure that most have you have already got this, but bear with me. I have just began learning that the world is not me-centric, it is theocentric. That is why the first and greatest commandment is to “Love the LORD ….”. I used to always talk about what is God’s will for my life. Gradually I am getting to the point of saying “What is God’s will for my life”. Romans 12:1-2 tells us that we are first “living sacrifices” before we are able to test and approve what God’s will is. When we cease to live in and of ourselves, God’s will takes over.
What does it mean to say that “I have been crucified with Christ and no longer live, but Christ lives in me and the life I live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” It means that my will, my desire, my self-centered, self-determined life is DEAD. Instead of looking at what suits me, I have slowly been learning to look at things which are above where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. I am slowly beginning to constantly set my mind on things above, not on earthly things. The most amazing part is that I don’t do this because I am a magnificent fourth year college graduate. I know this because I know I am a fourth year hypocrite. The reason that I strive to seek after God is because Colossians 3 tells me that “My life has been hidden with Christ in God and when Christ, who is my life, appears, I too will appear with Him in glory.” I am hidden with Christ in God. I am part of Him!!!

read the rest of the testimony here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home